1. Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
2. Cross your right leg over your left leg so your right ankle is resting on your left knee.
3. Place your fingertips to the side of your head just behind your ears.
4. Contract your abdominal muscles as though you are doing a crunch
5. Slowly twist your torso and touch your left elbow to your right knee.
6. Exhale as you lift up
7. Slowly lower to the starting position
8. Inhale as you lower
·Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
·Place your palms on your thighs
·Contract your abdominal muscles and curl up until your fingertips reach your knees.
·Breathe out as you curl up.
·Slowly lower to the start position.
·Breathe in as you lower.
·Tip: Don’t tuck your chin to your chest and keep your head up.
Vertical leg crunch
-Lie on the floor and extend the legs straight up with knees crossed.
-Place your hands behind the head for support, but avoid pulling on the neck.
-Contract the abs to lift the shoulder blades off the floor, as though reaching your chest towards your feet.
-Keep the legs in a fixed position and imagine bringing your belly button towards your spine at the top of the movement.
-Lie face down on mat resting on the forearms, palms flat on the floor.
-Push off the floor, raising up onto toes and resting on the elbows.
-Keep your back flat, in a straight line from head to heels.
-Tilt your pelvis and contract your abdominals to prevent your rear end from sticking up in the air or sagging in the middle.