How to Do the Basic Abdominal Crunch
· Lie on your back, bend your knees, placing your hands on the sides of your head.
· Contract your abs and flatten your lower back against the floor.
· Slowly lift your shoulder blades one or two inches off the floor.
· Exhale as you lift, keep your neck straight and chin up.
· Hold for a few seconds (don't hold your breath).
· Slowly lower while keeping your abs contracted
Lie on your back and cross the left foot over the right knee, hands behind your head.
·Keeping lower back pressed into the floor, lift your shoulder blades off the floor and then curl your upper body diagonally across your body towards your left knee.
-Contract your abs and obliques as hard as you can at the top of the movement.
·Resist on the way back down.
·Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground and contract your core muscles.
-With your hands gently holding your head, lift your knees to about a 45-degree angle.
·Slowly, at first, go through a bicycle pedal motion.
·Alternately touching your elbows to the opposite knees as you twist back and forth.
1. Lie on the floor and place hands on the floor or behind the head.
2. Bring the knees in towards the chest until they're bent to 90 degrees, with feet together or crossed.
3. Contract the abs to curl the hips off the floor, reaching the legs up towards the ceiling.
4. Lower and repeat for 1-3 sets of 12-16 reps.
5. It's a very small movement, so try to use your abs to lift your hips rather than swinging your legs and creating momentum.
Long arm crunch
1. Lie on a mat and extend the arms straight out behind the head with hands clasped, keeping the arms next to the ears.
2. Contract the abs and lift the shoulder blades off the floor.
3, Keep the arms straight and avoid straining the neck. If you feel neck pain, take one hand behind the head while keeping the other arm extended.